Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone for the info about the spacer. After Alot of reading I ended up lifting to do things the right way. I wanted 2.5aev but the dealer markup wad to high. Ended up ordering tf 2.5 without shocks, adding in bills 5100, rubi express drop brackets (they don't carry aev), synergy bolt kit for death wobble, exhaust spacer kit and 34" ko2 on stock rims for now for 2800 installed. Am I missing anything? I've also read the most popular lift and the Rancho springs combo but saved a couple hundred on shocks. Would they be that much better for the lift. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any major quality difference between rancho and re brackets for the 50$. They sourced re but I can modify before going on.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
you will want 1.5" wheel spacers I would suggest spridertrax or BORA brand. with the extended rear links the TF supplies you will be deathly close to the tire bulge with the end of the link running the KO2's on stock rims. If you want a 2.5" that will perform very well and save you some money go with the RK stock mod and Rancho 5000X shocks. Also not sure what you are paying for your KO2's but when I bought mine I got them for $250 a tire via Discount tire (4 tires) and then later ordered another from 4wd.com for the same delivered. I see Sears.com has them for 225 and DTD will match that.

·
Super Moderator
14,547 Posts
No issue with the RE brackets. Also, the KO2 if it's the 34x10.5x17, I believe is known to clear suspension with stock wheels, otherwise spacers will be needed... I like the Synergy spacers. The 5100's might ride a little firm in that set up, but some people like it that way...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Did you get everything installed already? I wanted to see how those drop brackets worked out for you. I was going to get the brackets but since then have decided to upgrade all the control arms with Tera flex arms kit for 1200. Don't need the brackets if I'm about to get all the arms correct?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting ko 10.50. I'll double check Sears pricing before finishing deal. Thanks for the info. Hoping not to have to run spacers but I'll be able to confirm once tires are on. I will take pictures jeepster once done for your review. Probably a week out or so.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
If using longer rear links you will need spacers. If stock links you will be ok. The longer links will poke a hole in sidewall. I posted a photo on here once showing the lack of clearance. I believe tf even calls for max 4.75" bs with thier kits. That all said you will regret not getting ko2 in 35's the 34's are small.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info jad. I only wanted a 33" tire so that's why I went with the 34 instead of the 35. I did consider a 285/70/17 but went with the 34 for it to be a bigger 33 than the latter. Is anyone running tf with links that come with system and stock wheels without spacers? Wondering if I should order spacers to ensure no slow down of install.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Considering a Lil bigger tire after some thought. I don't want 35s due to keeping stock Rubicon rims. Only thing larger than 34-10.50 ko2 is km2 285-75-17 or toyo at2 at same size. This would make it closer to 33 on the jeep instead of 32. I trail only once a month and Dd is first priority. Which one would be best ride and longevity? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
a toyo at2 or mt 285/75-17 is considerably bigger than a KO2 34x10.5-17 regardless of what the manufacturer specs say. I have had them side by side (toyo at2 and KO2). I am going to tell you tho you will save money in the long run getting rims and 35's because you will be going there any way. If you go with the Toyo at2 285/75-17 order your wheel spacers now.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts

34 vs a toyo 35.
toyo 285/75-17 vs 35x12.5/17

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will order spacer even though there are many posts that the toyo will fit without spacer on stock rim. Do you run a toyo at 2 jad?

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
I will order spacer even though there are many posts that the toyo will fit without spacer on stock rim. Do you run a toyo at 2 jad?
yes. I think you are confusing what I am saying. if you keep your stock rear links you don't need spacers if you use extended rear links you do. if stock links the ends are beneath the rim lip if extended they will be up around the bulge of the tires. That is what I have been trying to get across. has nothing to do with anything else. the spacers will move the tire out so you don't stick the end of the link thru your sidewall. I have installed two TF kits and they both stated this right on the packaging. Do not use on stock rims without spacers or use aftermarket rims with 4.5" backspacing.

If you follow any of my posts you will see I am the Toyo AT2 whore I have more sets than probably anyone in all different sizes, rumor has it Toyo has named an assembly line after me :).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your knowledge. Spiders ordered and Im deciding between km2 and toyo at2. Leaning more so towards toyo for dd reasons. Im good at doing rotations. How many miles do you get out of your toyos jad?

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
yes the 285/75-17 is xtreme

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Settled on this toyo over km2. I do more dd than off-road and would prefer the ride of the at over the mt. Especially since I've read that many people say the km2 is louder and not as smooth as the km1 on the road. I also really don't want a 12.50 and don't plan on new rims for quite some time so I think a 285-75-17 is my max width on rubi rim for a dealer to mount. tires on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Apparently this toyo tire is very hard to come by. Every place locally has had it on back order for more than two months with no eta. I've called everyone locally. Any ideas on next best place to locate them. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts