Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the front seats of the JK seem to sit kinda flat....not much aft-pitch to em.

Im think'n-on putting a 1-inch spacer under the front mounting bolts to make it "kick-back" a bit so that my butt stays slid-back in the saddle.

This shouldn't effect safety. Same bolts. Same torque.

Just slightly different geometry.

Anybody else already been the guinea-pig on this "better mouse-trap"?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I think that would work. I'm not sure how raising the front one inch and leaving the rear alone would impact the bolt angles on the seat frame. You might have to get longer bolts for the front and find a way to angle the spacers to match the seat frame lean. I don't have my seat lifted with spacers, but I do have the underseat lockbox that acts like a 1/4" spacer in the front. I don't notice any difference, but I'm sure that an additional 3/4" would be noticeable.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: You mean your seat angle isn't adjustable ???

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I used the upper shcok bushings and washers off my stock shocks and blue locktite on the bolts. Worked graet. No more leaning toward the steering wheel.

·
Registered
506 Posts
You shouldn't lean toward the steering wheel at all. Are you sure you just didn't adjust them properly using ratchet on the side?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back-angle is easily adjustable. I figured that out pretty easy.
SEAT angle does not appear adjustable unless I just ain't looked close enough.

Of course....EVERYTHING is adjustable....if you have a big enough hammer

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I guess, your seat doesn't have this lever to adjust the "SEAT" angle ?

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
He wants his knees to angle up. I can' do that or I would have to steer with my knees. Jeeps were never tall person friendly in the legg / steering wheel clearance but I live with it because I like my Jeep.

·
Registered
780 Posts
That large lever on mine only adjust the base height - it does slightly change in angle as it lifts but I wouldnt call it an angle adjuster. The smaller one adjusts the backrest angle. OP wants to adjust the seat base angle - I agree.

Mine could tilt not only back slightly, but also needs to lean toward the window slightly. Compared it to the passenger side and it definately leans towards the console - feels weird to me as I only drive it on the weekend, but the wife doesnt notice as she drive it every day.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling:Well you can't be comfortable for someone else, but

I'm 6'5" and I have a 36" inseam---I'm sleepy comfortable in my JKUR, with the seat adj up in front, with "That LARGE LEVER" and the back angle back against my 5-pt harness bar--

Can't help any of you, I guess !

Suit yourself-

--JIMBO

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
SeaComms said:
That large lever on mine only adjust the base height - it does slightly change in angle as it lifts but I wouldnt call it an angle adjuster. The smaller one adjusts the backrest angle. OP wants to adjust the seat base angle - I agree.

Mine could tilt not only back slightly, but also needs to lean toward the window slightly. Compared it to the passenger side and it definately leans towards the console - feels weird to me as I only drive it on the weekend, but the wife doesnt notice as she drive it every day.
Agree

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I agree to, but mine changes the height in the back and by raising, changes the angle by 5° !

Smokemifyougotem

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts

I get that same feeling. Feels like your leaning all the time. Thought it was just me. If i could fix that life would be great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts