Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am just wondering if anyone has anything to say about installing wheel spacers for my 2009 jeep wrangler 2 door SAhara with 33"and Old Man Emu suspention kit. any cons ? Any bad consequence ? Thanks

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
spacers are bad news but if you absolutely must use spacers then only use the ones from spidertrax. best to get new wheels with the proper back spacing

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: If you have the right back space (BS), on your wheels, you shouldn't need adapters (spacers)-

If you have any reason forem, stick with Spidertrax/Synergy hub centric 1.5" adapters (spacers) and you MUST follow installation directions and maintenance--with a TORQUE wrench--

Then--no problemo-

I usem cause I couldn't get the proper BS on my wheels and they're notta problem-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Can i know exactly what are its cons ? What do they affect? New wheels will cost me more than double the price of the spacers

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: They don't really "affect" anything except wheel spacing measured from the suspension hub-wider stance look-

Thanks guys. Can i know exactly what are its cons ? What do they affect? New wheels will cost me more than double the price of the spacers
They have to be installed and torqued exactly as instructed and they can loosen up if you don't follow instructions exactly and that could mean losing a tire/wheel-

Ultimately, they could accellerate wheel bearing wear, but thats questionable-

They must be checked (IAW instructions) then they'll be safe--

Can be Dangerous if you completely forget aboutem-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Have 1.5 inch synergy spacers on 33's for close to a year with no issues. As long as you use quality hub centric and torque them correctly there shouldn't be any problems

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,401 Posts
Yes, if you do go with them, dont cheap out. Spidertrax makes the best ones out there in our opinion. They are hub centric and that is what your looking for. Some of the cheaper ones are not. Take a look. They are at the bottom left of our home page right now. The last thing you want to do is get cheap ones off ebay or something and have your wheel pass you in the highway!

Let us know if we can help!
-Jason

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think i will go for new wheels with 10" width instead of the 6 or 7" i have now. This will show my 33" tires

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
OH NO! Stay away from 10in rims!!!!! 8-9in rim with 4.5in bs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks a lot guys. I drive my car daily and dont want it to be 'over'. But my 33" should go out a bit. I have now the original stock wheel. What wheels dimensions u think i should get to have the best results?

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
A 17x9 would be a great choice a very popular among JK owners

Please don't call your JEEP a car.. It's a JEEP

·
Registered
972 Posts
A 17x9 would be a great choice a very popular among JK owners

Please don't call your JEEP a car.. It's a JEEP
^ thanks- I was wondering what was the most pop. width 8,9,10
I was starting to look for some 17 or 18" with 8 or 9" width

Also, yes its a JEEP!!! or a Truck , not a car / I even have a 7K truck plate on my JEEP!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 33s with spacers and you can take a look through some of my pics to see what it may look like, oh yeah they're spidertrax too. I was worried about the backspacing of the rims with 12.5" tire width but turns out I didn't NEED them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys what are the BEst wheel spacers i can get for my 2door wrangler with 33" tires. What size ? Brand ? Thanks

·
Registered
811 Posts
I usem cause I couldn't get the proper BS on my wheels and they're notta problem-
X2 I've had spacers on my aev beadlocks since 07 and there fine, I just check the torque on the spacer nuts whenever I have the wheels off.

Like you I can't see how spacers can affect bearing wear any more than wheels with the right backspace, it's the same thing. My BS is about 3.5" with the spacers and something like a Spyderlock with it's 3.5" BS is no different in my mind, both are 3.5".

Wheels with the correct backspace are the best bet but I messed up and misread the way aev measure backspace, spacers were the cheapest way out of that pickle :).

Tons of folks run spacers on stock wheels for years with no problems and I probably would have too except I wanted beadlocks.

The Synergy spacers are really great for the price, last time I checked they were on back order but if you are interested I can find out for sure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts