Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this may very at each dealership, but I'm wondering if anyone has any of their own experiences with this?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Here we go again. Any suspension mod will not void your warranty per se. It can however trigger and justify Chrysler to deny warranty service on an issue that can be attributed to modification in this case the spacers.

The likelihood of denial of a warranty claim are proportional to magnitude of the mod. Spacers are a relatively moderated modification so it is likely they will may be ignored. All of this is highly dependent on how the dealer files the warranty claim.

·
Retired Moderator
100,650 Posts
If the spacer causes, or contributes to a failure, then warranty can be denied.
Your Dealer will make this decision!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Spacers are really no different than changing wheels for a different backspace. IF something at the wheel end fails.... expect FIAT to try find a way out. IF you changed wheel offset.

But don't worry, spacers will not affect the warranty on yer uconnect stereo.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It seems to be a little like the IRS ... It depends on the auditing agent.

Different dealers have different approaches to this. Some people report very mod friendly dealers. Others the exact opposite.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
You only have to worry about a "bad" dealer voiding your full warranty if the mod is, in their judgment, typical evidence of off-roading. As others have said here, it would be quite a stretch for spacers to be considered such.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
An argument could be made that the 1,1/2"wheel spacers on my jeep contributed to the premature failure of the axle seal, it has failed three times.
Each time i bring it in for warranty I expect to hear about how the spacers contribute to this, each time I am handed the keys back and not a word said except "your jeep is ready sir"

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your full warranty would not be denied, but I would not be surprised if you had to jump through hoops should you have components within the axle group fail.

Spacers are moving the weight further from the center of the hub; which would put more stress on parts such as ball joints and seals. If you then add heavier tires it would compound the issue.

·
Super Moderator
10,641 Posts
I removed all spacers from my Jeeps recently, but had been running 1.5-spacers for years: never had any issues with warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts