Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys after mounting my used 35 inch tires they rub against the leaf springs if i turn the wheel all the way. Should i use spacers to avoid that problem? please let me know. :crash:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
a. use spacers
b. limit your steering
c. replace rims to gain more backspacing/offset

Think those are the only 3 options without major suspension changes (relocated leafs, coil spring conversion kit, wider axles, etc.) but don't quote me on it ;)

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Pretty sure you have a steering stop that can be adjusted with washers, same as TJ's and JK's. Option #2 on Mr. Aelwero's list there. :) That would be the least expensive option.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pretty sure you have a steering stop that can be adjusted with washers, same as TJ's and JK's. Option #2 on Mr. Aelwero's list there. :) That would be the least expensive option.
X2...had to adjust my steering stops. Easy and CHEAP! The locking nuts are tack welded onto the bolt so depending upon the amount of adjustment you need you can uses washers or another nut as I did. I used a deep socket on an impact gun and they came right out.

You really don't lose much as far as turning radius go either.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have my steering controlled. Its just when my brother drives it thats when I need it the most. Going back to spacers, can they do any harm long run?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have my steering controlled. Its just when my brother drives it thats when I need it the most. Going back to spacers, can they do any harm long run?
For the cost of quality spacers you're better of investing in new wheels with the correct backspacing. They won't do any harm but not worth the money in my book!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all you have been very helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts