Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to check with you guys and see if you've seen an improvement with our little spam problem. We currently have bigjeep, amy, activleydying, tiny terror, all the admins and moderators and myself on spam patrol. If anyone has any input on how we can improve please send me a pm or post a reply in this thread.

We're all working very hard to keep the spam cleaned up and out of our forum. ;) Your feedback is appreciated!

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
You guys may already know this but I just found out that there is a program designed to register on and spam forums powered by vBulletin. When we ban these spammers, we're dealing with machines.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Doin' great, Scout. I have only caught one spamming post before anyone else got to it. Only because I caught the spammers name as they were creating it.

I thought there were more in the spam posse... Is there no one else?

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Well my two cents Scout and Others that are helping is that it has free'd me up to actually read more of the forum now then I had in the recent past. I haven't had to ban a spammer for a couple weeks now. They all seem to be TCO pretty quickly. Let's me focus on other parts of the forum.

So from one of the Moderators I say good job and thanks for the help. :D

Oh, and just wanted to let you know. Kyle told me that it was in fact your sig that crashed the forum. So you better be glad you changed it. :D :flipoff: :D

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Well, Tiny, he is Khan after all.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
So we're part of the misbehaving demon spawn, huh. I'm ok with that.:cool:

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Take the flashlight out of your nose and your ears won't get so hot.

(he's kinda like a mean big brother I think, Amy, and yeah, I'm pretty sure we are)

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doin' great, Scout. I have only caught one spamming post before anyone else got to it. Only because I caught the spammers name as they were creating it.

I thought there were more in the spam posse... Is there no one else?
That's it for now. We still have the option to add more as needed.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts