Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Had new wheels and tires put on today. Lift is tomorrow. In the picture attached, you can see the tire is not touching the bump stop at all. Which is due do the backspacing of the new wheels. I assume this is to prevent rattle? Is it worth it to get longer bumpstops, any other ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,885 Posts
use piece of heater hose cut to size or a golf ball. both work well stuffed inside the stock bumper. You want something up against the tire so it does not vibrate and break the carrier.

Reactions: WaltA

·
Bella's Jeeper
1,257 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
There are a ton of tips out there that I've seen: cutting up a dishwasher hose, using a ping pong ball... but here's something I've not seen anyone say:

Do not buy the Daystar replacement bump stops. Yes, they are longer. Yes, they can be trimmed. Yes, they will fall apart very quickly. They're junk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The golf balls seems to be a good fit. Considering I play every weekend, I happen to have a few million laying around. Thanks again guys.

·
Administrator
12,487 Posts
used PCV pipe inserted into the stock stip.. with a hockey puck taped on the end. Has worked great for 2 years.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The golf balls seems to be a good fit. Considering I play every weekend, I happen to have a few million laying around. Thanks again guys.
I used golf balls on mine, works very well. What worked for me was popping out the stock stops and twisting the golf balls into place.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Radiator hose over the original bumpstop. Stops the tire from vibrating if you cut it about 1/2" too long.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
There are a ton of tips out there that I've seen: cutting up a dishwasher hose, using a ping pong ball... but here's something I've not seen anyone say:

Do not buy the Daystar replacement bump stops. Yes, they are longer. Yes, they can be trimmed. Yes, they will fall apart very quickly. They're junk.
I must have some older Daystar stops, because Ive had mine since 2012 and they are still usable. Havent totally fallen apart yet and still malleable enough to squish up between the gate and tire

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I must have some older Daystar stops, because Ive had mine since 2012 and they are still usable. Havent totally fallen apart yet and still malleable enough to squish up between the gate and tire
Could very well be. My email tells me I bought them in 2014, part number KJ09144BK.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Not only did my Daystar's work, they are still on mine. They are at least 3 years old and still fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts