Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:whistling:Need some info on what I can do. I have an 89yj with the bolts and rubber stops on the tail gate, but no carrier:confused:. Question #1- Do they make a spare tire carrier that allows you to use a 33x12.50x15 tire size? Question #2- Will the tailgate support the weight of that wheel & tire?:hide:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
89quest said:
:whistling:Need some info on what I can do. I have an 89yj with the bolts and rubber stops on the tail gate, but no carrier:confused:. Question #1- Do they make a spare tire carrier that allows you to use a 33x12.50x15 tire size? Question #2- Will the tailgate support the weight of that wheel & tire?:hide:
Tailgate will crackcand break with 33's. They make a reinforcement kit, but a bumper carrier is the best option.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I have a 1990YJ with chrome tube bumpers like yours and didn't want to buy a bumper with a tire carrier that didn't match. I bought a carrier from Quadratec that's rated for 35' tires and 200 lbs. I haven't put it on yet, but it will work with your current bumpers and will save your tailgate from breaking.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12203_01_07.htm

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Overkill & cyndi thank you for the help!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts