Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys know where you can get custom tire covers? I'm looking to get one that I'm pretty sure nobody carries in stock. Or can I just order a blank one, and get a special sticker or something on it?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
IDK plain cover and vinyl stickers might be the way to go----than could change it later if you wanted to....peel off old vinyl and apply new......

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm working on my custom cover design and found a blank white vinyl cover. Question, what's the slit/open flap part for? I hate to be so dense, and I thought it might be for the brake light? But that doesn't seem right. Here's the rough version of my Yeti edition design, BTW. (not final)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: The slit, is placed at the bottom and it's for drainage of the cover inside/"give"/ stretch and it's usually coupled with an elastic back band--

Sometimes the slit is used to allow room for a tow hitch support, for the spare tire !!

Copasetic ?

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks. Sorry for being dim. There wasn't any note or instruction sheet included and I've never used a cover before. Didn't get any elastic band or hooks as I've seen elsewhere either. But that makes perfect sense.Off to the screenprinter as soon as I finish the design up.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Check again--

Thanks. Sorry for being dim. There wasn't any note or instruction sheet included and I've never used a cover before. Didn't get any elastic band or hooks as I've seen elsewhere either. But that makes perfect sense.Off to the screenprinter as soon as I finish the design up.
The back sewn edge of the cover (open) should have an elastic cord inside the sewing(circumference), if not-how is the cover going to stay in place ????

·
Registered
130 Posts
:whistling: Check again--

The back sewn edge of the cover (open) should have an elastic cord inside the sewing(circumference), if not-how is the cover going to stay in place ????

No, it does have elastic inside the circumference - I thought you meant that there should be an elastic extension cord that extends out of the slit, maybe to cinch it all up like a hoodie drawstring or something.

I've seen others and videos on YouTube where there's elastic all the way around (like this one) but there's also some sort of cross-cabling in the back or some way to snug it all up once it's on.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Celtic said:
I got mine there too. Did it in hardcover black to match the rest of the paint. Change out various static clings for whatever decal you are feeling like that day.
Better pic:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts