Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the best and cheapest site to buy a lock nut set for my 2010 Wrangler?....dont want to have it stolen:)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the Mopar locks.

I got them from my dealer, they gave me a 10% discount....go try your local dealer and see what they'll do for ya.

·
Administrator
30,775 Posts
Bought mine where I bought my tires. Any tire retailer should have them. I think I paid about $6 each.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2010 came with tire locks on all 5 whls

·
Registered
75 Posts
What size???

I went in to my local auto parts store, thinking this would be an easy task (picking up a lock nut for my spare), I was WRONG!

Neither place that I visit, could I just purchase a locking lug and key, need to buy a whole set...no biggie right, but when I asked them to look up the size, neither of them had the size in their system.

So, I think I am just going to order one online, can anyone tell me what size lug I should be buying for my 2010 JK?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I went in to my local auto parts store, thinking this would be an easy task (picking up a lock nut for my spare), I was WRONG!

Neither place that I visit, could I just purchase a locking lug and key, need to buy a whole set...no biggie right, but when I asked them to look up the size, neither of them had the size in their system.

So, I think I am just going to order one online, can anyone tell me what size lug I should be buying for my 2010 JK?

Go to the dealer and buy them, they might even be cheaper than what you can get online. That was the case for me....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go to the dealer and buy them, they might even be cheaper than what you can get online. That was the case for me....
Yeah...and I might do that. Would still like to know the actual size, in case I don't go the dealer route...anyone?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah...and I might do that. Would still like to know the actual size, in case I don't go the dealer route...anyone?
I would think the business you are purchasing them from would have that info for your model/year/etc. Just plug in those values when ordering.and they will send the correct ones for your vehicle...
When I bout mine from Pep Boys auto store they simply looked up the correct size for my Wrangler and handed them over. I then purchased a 2nd "key" from the manufacturer of the locks for a mere $25 with shipping :banghead:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would think the business you are purchasing them from would have that info for your model/year/etc. Just plug in those values when ordering.and they will send the correct ones for your vehicle...
When I bout mine from Pep Boys auto store they simply looked up the correct size for my Wrangler and handed them over. I then purchased a 2nd "key" from the manufacturer of the locks for a mere $25 with shipping :banghead:
Yeah..you would think. I assumed that too. Neither AutoZone or O'Reilly's could tell me. Neither had their info in their system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wheel locks

They are 1/2" RH 20 . $25 from Jeg's for a 5pc set.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts