Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys just got my 08 sahara my question is do they make so kind of lock for the spairtire if you take off those 6 or so bolts they can take the tire and the mount I have seen a half dozen with out them

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Probably you could get locking lug nuts. I believe they come in packs of 5. One for each wheel and spare. If they want to steal it, no locks will really help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
welcome and enjoy it :) mine came standard with a lock & sort of a key for the spare wheel, u sure don't have it? looks like a metallic cilinder sort of... if u don't have it, sure u can order it

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wheel locks werethe first thing I got when I got mine. A set of 5 factory ones are around $35 I think. I went to a local auto parts store, took one of my lus inside and matched it up. Got a set of 4 for under $10.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Lock those lugs!

First thing I got when I got my first 08, transferred them to the second 08. Got the factory ones. Came as a set of 5. My dealership had a bunch of spare tires (and rims) stolen right out of the lot. Didn't want to take that chance. The rims are more expensive than the tires (by far). The factory locks look pretty secure. I put one on each wheel including the spare thus the set of 5.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First thing I bought too. Followed by a hood lock, locking gas cap, and hinge locks to protect my wheels, battery, gas, and doors. These should all be standard equipment IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts