Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I am not a mechanic. Got a few basic concepts, tools and a haynes manual. I have a 91 Renegade with Air. Was able to change 5 of the plugs, pus rotor and cap. HOWEVER how do i get this one out? Also attached is a picture of one of the plugs i pulled out. All looked just like this one. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
That looks for as well as I can see it, you may have to take the belt off and remove the a/c mount but Do Not break the lines going to it , just move it out of the way so you can get to the plug.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
It's a pain but can be done, I use a swivel head on my socket with a extension. Putting the plug back in always use just your hand on the extension so you can feel it go in, you don't want to cross thread

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
It's a pain but can be done, I use a swivel head on my socket with a extension. Putting the plug back in always use just your hand on the extension so you can feel it go in, you don't want to cross thread
x2

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
if it's hard to reach you can cut a length of fuel line to stick the tip of the plug in so you have some flex and gives you a pretty good feel if it's trying to cross thread or not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck it's so tight i can't pull of the darn plug wire. I'll get it today. If my belt needed changing i'd just pull everything and get it that way.... Oh well. It's another thing on the ToDo List i get to check off.. Let's see what's next! Rear Axel fluid change! and bestop parts order.... Thanks Guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts