Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed all of the plugs with the Champion 7034's. Now, I am getting code P0306. Can someone give me some advice on what to do now? The jeep is running a little rough and now occasionally makes ticking noises with a long pause in between.

Any ideas?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
If it's a distributorless ignition system make sure all the boots are over the spark plugs. It's easy to have one boot miss the plug which has happened to me. Otherwise check your spark plug boots to make sure they're properly seated

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm not an expert, but I went threw this. Clear the code. Assuming you have a coil rail, take it off and make sure you didn't damage a new plug. Personally I missed a plug when I re-installed the rail. Not once, but twice :banghead:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Definitely sounds like something isn't seated right or a faulty spark plug was installed.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
Disconnect the negative lead on the battery for 2 minutes.

So you found one of the boots was not seated properly?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one of the boots wasn't on the plug - it was the one closest to the firewall. Let's hope that's all it was. Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts