Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"There is a reason there is a Kelly hump there" said self righteous prick. Is that not a gatekeeper? It is a road. Am I wrong? Speak up.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Just because the sign is no longer there does not mean it is not closed. If a Kelly hump is there it very well may be closed. Contact the regional fs office. Contact Willie worthey he knows most of the legal roads.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Again contact the USF’s office. Someone tears down the no motorized vehicles sign does not make it ok and you are responsible for knowing the road is closed. Lots of closed roads here and people driving on them is only going to make it worse. Get a USFS map and talk to the ranger to find out if in doubt.

Reactions: gobi_rubi

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hmm, I think I'm being taken wrong. I can see it from what I said in my first post.

I'm not advocating running officially closed trails. Personally, I'm in the mountains enough I know where we can go and where we can't. What we run into is the dirt bike guys closing off trails themselves. They want their own little place at the tops of mountains. I know of one trail the buggy guys closed off. The buggy guys won't bitch if you get up there but they've made it where the majority of people can't.

The dirt bikers are different. They don't want you there. They think they own the tops of some of our mountains.

I just happen to have enough Jeep to crawl over stuff. I like that it pisses them off that my shiny daily driver is up there in "dirt bike territory". That's right dirt bikers, I have suspension travel too, more than some of you. The buggy guys are actually pretty cool. They will stop and talk and usually want to see under your rig. I still don't like that they claim trails as their own.
@jadmt is right. We don't need to be on officially closed trails. The side by side and the four wheeler jackasses already do enough damage to access rights. Jeepers don't need to add to the problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On US forest service map, listed as a road with restrictions type k "variable-see ranger district". Same as all main roads in area. Good enough for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts