Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard about polyfilling the stock speaker in a wrangler but i never really completely understood the idea, i have a 2011 jeep wrangler and not the sound bar but the "door" speaker by the driver and passenger legs sound horrible, i do have a 10 inch subwoofer connected so i dont know if that makes a difference, the door speakers are just really scratchy sounding. would polyfilling them compensate for this? and if so how do i do it?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Have you adjusted the treble, bass, and mid-range?

·
Registered
34,595 Posts
Mine sounds great and got better once I pollyfilled them and the sub too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they re not blown out because i normally dont play the music that loud unless the top is off, and yes ive set the bass low and everything else is normal but the door speakers are still not producing quality sound. would polyfilling help this or would it be best just to go out a get a new set of speakers

·
Registered
157 Posts
if it's "scratchy" poly-fill will have no affect...sounds like a bad speaker (has it always been this way?) or could be a damaged wire/connection if it just started...is it both speakers? just one? .... if just one - take it out and plug into other side and see...still have sound issues? it's the speaker...if not, your connection or wiring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts