Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all has to be taken off to replace the front speakers? It looks like I have to unbolt the windshield? Any idea what size the bolts are to get that off and the speaker cover?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
What all has to be taken off to replace the front speakers? It looks like I have to unbolt the windshield? Any idea what size the bolts are to get that off and the speaker cover?
From everything I have been able to gather you need a midget with very small hands. The front speakers pull out frum under the dash. Feels like to retainers on the studs. Passenger side not too bad, but I found the drivers side impossible.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the way i did it which seemed easiest was to pull the dash, a lot easier then trying to twist your arm and what not to get to the the speakers, just flip the wind shield down, undo the three torx bit screws on each side that are exposed, undo the phillips head screws on the top of the dash, and lift the dash up and towards the steering wheel and you have your room to get in there, i know there is a link on the site if you search speaker removal

·
Registered
925 Posts
the way i did it which seemed easiest was to pull the dash, a lot easier then trying to twist your arm and what not to get to the the speakers, just flip the wind shield down, undo the three torx bit screws on each side that are exposed, undo the phillips head screws on the top of the dash, and lift the dash up and towards the steering wheel and you have your room to get in there, i know there is a link on the site if you search speaker removal
that's how i did it too... was able to shimmy it out enough to slide my arm behind it and replace the speakers...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd go with the guys above and remove the dash if I had to do it all over again. The passenger side not to hard (still hurt). The driver side I dropped the E-brake lever and foot pedal to gain room. I know my arm was pretty scratched up until completed , with a few choice words as well. Have fun!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dropped the windshield and removed the part of the dash. The time you take to do this will be well worth it in the long run.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
I just took off the ebrake release cable and I could reach up in there okay. It wasn't bad at all.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
But then, I'm a midget with very small hands!!! :eek:

·
Registered
486 Posts
speakers

I bought the speaker pod from quadratrac that screws to the floor on the hump behind the shifter. works well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts