Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought myself a set of Kicker speakers for my jeep, somehow overlooking the fact that the PO had already installed Alpine's into the soundbar and dash. The dash speakers sounded bad so I replaced them with the new kickers, however I am lost with what I should do for the soundbar. Here are the existing speakers: Alpine and here are the ones I purchased: KICKER | 5.25" CS Coax
Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would just return the kickers and save the money. I have the kickers in my sound bar. It's way better then the factory speakers but it will not make any difference compared to the Alpines. I would spend the money and get a amp if you don't have already.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would just return the kickers and save the money. I have the kickers in my sound bar. It's way better then the factory speakers but it will not make any difference compared to the Alpines. I would spend the money and get a amp if you don't have already.
I agree. I had those type R Alpines in my Trans Am and they sounded fantastic, even at highway speeds. The Alpines are efficient but still need good power to get the full benefits out of them.

I would make sure you have a good amp powering them and that is slightly higher RMS output than the Alpines so you don't over duty the amp.

The only Kicker product I tend to purchase is their sub-woofers. They do punch clean and hard!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt planning on buying an amp, but you all make it seem worthwhile. What are the benefits, considering my music already sounds pretty good. Also where would I put it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you get them to fit in the mounting location? the cover doesnt fit in the hole.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I wasnt planning on buying an amp, but you all make it seem worthwhile. What are the benefits, considering my music already sounds pretty good. Also where would I put it?
I got this guy when I put in my alpine head unit and 6.5 components in my sound bar.
Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel Power Pack Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VVYL46/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_8lrMwb1D58NC3
It's tiny. I mounted it to the flat steel plate just above the glove box and below the pass side airbag. Very impressed with both amp and speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts