Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone 馃憢馃徏!
I am a new owner to a JK and was super excited to remove the doors but i'm having a problem with a wire that somehow is connected to my doors and runs all the way to the drivers side electrical wiring if that makes any sense. Therefore it seems that i'm not able to remove the doors because of this wire.
The wire is a cea 2015 compliant 18 awg, I don't know much about cars and was hoping perhaps someone would be able to kindly help me with knowing how to go about this issue. Thank you in advanced !
Automotive design Textile Sleeve Bag Eyewear
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Twig Insect Wood

Retired Moderator
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does that cable do? Anyway, like Boxcarwill said, just cut it, put a connector on it and you're good to go.

Just in case, before you cut it, it's prolly a good idea to disconnect the battery.
Not sure what the cable does, i looked it up and it said something about a speaker cable.Just wasn't sure if that cable was supposed to be there originally

Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
That cable type is speaker cable, but as mentioned above, there are no speakers in the doors, not in stock form at least.

Pulling the door card is not too difficult, there's a youtube video of that. If I was in this situation, I'd have a look inside the door to see what that cable is for.

edit, here is the video on removing the door panel:

Premium Member
Jeep has never put speakers in a Wrangler door, for just the issue you are talking about. The wires in a JK that go to the doors are for the windows, mirrors and locks (unless you have a base sport, which had no wires going to the door). It appears that someone has added something to the Jeep. But the factory wires have a connector near the hinge end of each door so it can be unplugged and then removed.

You can run the build sheet here (it will tell you all the equipment the Jeep left the factory with:
FCA RAM

If you would like a copy of your window sticker, you can run it here (change the VIN to yours):
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4BJWDG8HL561573

Premium Member
Clearly aftermarket wire job.

Make sure the power is off, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery, and clip the wires.

If those wires are connected to the battery clipping the wire with a pair of diagonal pliers will cause a short circuit as the pliers connect the conductors while cutting. Might just be a momentary spark, might light your Jeep on fire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts