Is there any sub or just the 2 big ones in sound bar
and
are Sound bar speakers for a 14 JK same as for a 15
See more options for 14 JKS
What say you experts out there

·
Registered
218 Posts
With the base system, you have 8 speakers. You have (2) 6.5" along with (2) corresponding 3.5" in the roll bar, and then the same thing in the dash. They are all easy to get at and replace, with the exception of the 6.5" on the left of the steering wheel in the dash. There are many threads regarding the replacement procedure, so I won't go into that as I type on my phone. Kicker makes a plug n play speaker in both sizes that the factory wire plugs fit right into. I have them, and they are much better than stock. You can find pairs of them (in both sizes) for about 60 bucks a pair if you shop around. Replacing all 8 is about $240. There are also various aftermarket 6.5's and tweeters, or components which will have the two seperate speakers and a crossover. Crutchfield is a good site to put in your vehicle info and get results of what fits. They don't carry the Mopar Kickers though. If you go that route, just do a Google for 77KICK10 (The 6.5's) and 77KICK25AB (The 3.5's). If you do this route, you may wish to amplify them (any aftermarket speakers, actually, if you are retaining the stock head unit) and I am in the process of putting bass blockers on all my 3.5's. Because of the way they are wired with the factory setup, they are getting the same eq settings as the larger 6.5's and any amount of bass for a speaker that small is going to overwhelm them. It is easy to put the bass blockers on, but in doing so, it sort of makes the factory plug compatibility a moot point. That is where components might have an advantage. However, if one limits the bass for the smaller speaker (or uses component with crossover) then an amp can be set up where the 6.5's should produce some bass and mids and it won't hurt the 3.5's. There are a lot of threads about the 15 stereo, and how to overcome how badly Jeep screwed all of us without the $1,700 upgrade, so I would recommend just searching, reading, and digesting a lot of info that is already on this forum. That will definitely get you moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow
thanks for the detailed answer !!! this site is amazing

Ps Scott

·
Registered
218 Posts
No problem! I am currently trying to turn the base 15 stereo into something that is at least tolerable, if not enjoyable. I have found quite a bit of good info on this site regarding this. Love how everyone is willing to share info and help out!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tank is going to be worth allot more as 15 is the only year for it... glad I picked it over a close second - Slate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts