Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive heard and read that it is possible to put the 6.5" speaker in the sound bar, but ive heard it doesnt mount flat can anyone have any pics!

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
Hope this helps!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Yep, that's how mine sit as well. It's not a problem.....:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it looks like it sits just fine but did you have to drill new holes or did you get away with using the old ones

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
We didn't have to, the speaker rings had multiple options for mounting holes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
o ok that works what brand did you go with taht had the multi mount option

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Well maybe I should say most name brand speakers
^^^^ This! :)

I have Polk Audio speakers in my soundbar. They sound much better than stock and weren't very expensive, like $90-$100.... :)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
My TJ had some Pioneer 6.5s installed in the soundbar when I bought it. They fit fine with no trimming needed. I will swap them out for some Kicker 5.25s to match the dash speakers at some point.

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
I like my Kicker 6.5's in the sound bar and Kicker 5.25's in the dash!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I was wondering what people did to improve the infinity system.. the sub is ok.. and the sound bar is not good, but the front speakers are good.. Will changing the soundbar speakers help and what brand? better infinity's?? also has anyone changed the factory sub, with an aftermarket one it looks like a 8" sub / just wanted to make some simple improvements.. my wifes car has a 10 speaker bose system which blows this away, but it did cost more :).... My first idea is to change the sound bar then sub speakers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts