Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ides or experiences on how to fit 6x9 speakers in my Jeep. I have really nice 6x9 s[eakers from my old car but have no use for them. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Well I dont think you could fit them in the dash.... MAYBE in the soundbar, but probably not. Your best bet would be to make or buy boxes and put them behind your rear seat. I have the same thing, I have 2 6x9's but nothing to do with them, so they are in my room for now :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got two boxes and used some U-bolts to mount them to the roll cage.
I put Kicker 6" 3ch in the sound bar and 6x9" in the boxes, all driven by a 350W 4ch amp, mounted it and the sub amp on the back of the slim sub box.

Sounds awesome even at 70MPH!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
you could make some wood speaker boxes mount the boxes in the back seat area, on top of the wheel wells, run the wires under the lip of the tub. the boxes could face forward, and be used as arm rests too, for the back seaters. they actually sell that type of speaker box at quadratec, and 4wheelparts.com

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here is how I fit 2 6X9's in my Jeep.
1. Got rid of the back seat
2. Built a hinged cover for the back that locks
3. Built a vertical bulkhead from the wood cover to the floor
4. Installed 6X9's

Pro's -
1. Locking storage area and a place to put my 10" sub and amps that is secure
2. Nice solid platform for Cooler, dogs etc
3. Solid mount for my American Flag

Con's -
1. No back seat
2. Nope just one con thats it.

Note: The open area between the roll bar and the rear of the tub was finished in and the locking latches mounted to them. So when they are locked and the tailgate is locked, no one is getting my stuff. Unless they happen to have a sawz'all with them.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am planning on building something like yours, Garlandxj, but I think I'm only going to use half of the backend. Leave some space for big items or easy to get stuff.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
What about a molded box that attaches to the tailgate?

Here's a mockup on a Wrangler tailgate showing it with some speakers drawn in:

·
Registered
89 Posts
pmartinez0007 do you have those speaker pods installed? I would like to see where they fit and how they look if you have pictures.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I put some 6x9s I had laying around in my garage. An old battery and the stock head unit makes a nice shop radio...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Will the 6X9 speaker pods fit in a TJ? I put a pair in my YJ (now my son's YJ) and they worked great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts