Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just replaced mine with Kickers from Quadratec. 30 minute job. Good upgrade from the OEM speakers.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Kickers are popular and good sounding. I highly recommend an amp if you dont have one already to help power aftermarket speakers to maximize the sound quality. Most head units just don't provide enough power for the listening enjoyment in our noisy Jeeps.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wattapunk said:
Kickers are popular and good sounding. I highly recommend an amp if you dont have one already to help power aftermarket speakers to maximize the sound quality. Most head units just don't provide enough power for the listening enjoyment in our noisy Jeeps.
I agree, get an amp too. I have my amp powering a small kicker sub in the console and two kicker speakers in the sound bar. Definitely a lot of power and sounds great

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
Polk DB series. With a stock head unit, it's critical you choose speakers that don't require a lot of power to sound good, Polk's DB speakers are one very good choice for that reason.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Polk speakers are a good choice, however I just purchased all new kickers for my jeep from Wal-Mart thats right Wal-Mart . I'm not sure when they started to stock the kicker brand but they do and pretty cheap and I didn't have to wait for shipping , I have bad patients...

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Baseball_14king said:
Where would the amp go??
I put a dual channel boss 200w behind the dash on the passenger side, for my sub

6.5 kickers in the pods and 5.25 kickers in the dash, with a pyle 6.5 sub in the console

·
Registered
274 Posts
Baseball_14king said:
Where would the amp go??
My amp is screwed down so that it will fit under the rear seat, but i usually don't have the seat in. I was worried about overheating because it didn't have much room but the guys at bestbuy said it would be fine in that space. Haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The pioneer ts-swx251 is a shallow enclosure 10" sub that fits perfect behind the backseat. I've been real pleased with mine. Get your other speakers. From crutchfield because they'll have the brackets you'll need for the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Jerry Bransford said:
I knew a doctor who said the same thing... he just needed more patience with his patients. :D
Hahah I was gonna say something, but let it slide.. Ahhh grammar :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently installed Polk Audio 521's and 401's and I am pretty happy with them. I recommend ordering from Crutchfield to get the free brackets and wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've been thinking of replacing speakers in my '04 too. I haven't really looked into what are behind the dash. What size/style will fit in there? Same goes for the roll bar speakers. I imagine i'll probably go with some Polk DB's. Of course i'd like to get a new head unit too :p
...too many wants...not enough dough :facepalm:

·
Registered
973 Posts
In my expereince, the Polk DB521's in the dash and Polk DB651's in the sounbar(97-02)/DB521's in sound pod(03-06) are the most popular. Quality marine grade speakers for a reasonable price.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts