Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need additional grab handle & mounting point somewhere besides the dash mount unit, for an 08 Sahara. Need grab assist to get DW into the passenger seat.

Alternately, I may have to take the side running boards off for the shorty DW that rides with me.

It is too high/too close to the body for her to get a foot in.

Maybe find/fabricate a bracket that's a few inches lower for ease of use.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They are all pretty much the same. Slight variations in design so just look around to see what you like and what fits the wallet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Go to straps.com and you can fabricate you own for the rear seats, as well as using the front headrests to install another set of grab handles. You will need to punch in some grommets to make them last

For steps, look into the powerstep

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quadratec Grab Handles, 19.99 plus 77.00 shipping

Today I tried to order a couple Quadratec Grab Handles and the price was 19.99 plus 77.00 shipping. Does this seem expensive to you guys? I live in BC Canada. I think the handles are lighter than 25 pounds..and small too

·
Registered
462 Posts
Need additional grab handle & mounting point somewhere besides the dash mount unit, for an 08 Sahara. Need grab assist to get DW into the passenger seat.

Alternately, I may have to take the side running boards off for the shorty DW that rides with me.

It is too high/too close to the body for her to get a foot in.

Maybe find/fabricate a bracket that's a few inches lower for ease of use.
Had a similar issue with my DW and this became the solution....It's called the JK-RIGRIP...

Attachments

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
What are some good grab handles? Are the OEM ones any good? It'd be for a 2 dr 2010 jk
Corbeau & Rugged Ridge.

Both have three straps, and quality components.
I've tried others, but they were junk. Wasted some money on them, won't make that mistake again.
Of the two, Corbeau is the best. That's what I'm running now after having used up a set of Rugged Ridge.
Josh at Skinny Pedal had the best price on the Corbeau when I bought mine.

Cheap handles, have cheap straps that stretch and tear more easily.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Had a similar issue with my DW and this became the solution....It's called the JK-RIGRIP...
This looks pretty slick and might be the right thing for the GF to use.
What, where, how much?

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
The raingler grab handles are the business. Strong as hell. I can hang from them. They have a super soft grip. Easy install and dirt cheap. Under $10 for a pair off amazon with free shipping. The only thing they have against them is styling. There are others that have a more aggressive looking grip but that in my mind is at the expense of comfort.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the same ones US Antigoon has and they are awesome! Very well done and personally they're WAY more useful than any of the nylon rollbar ones. They're somewhat pricy, but I definitely don't think they are overly pricy. Install is pretty straight forward and doesn't require you to do anything you couldn't change back to stock quickly
and easily.

·
Registered
198 Posts
CF 2010, last month Quadrep said Quadratec would look into different shipping to Canada other than UPS, possibly by Jan or Feb. Not surprising that the shipping is more than triple the cost of the part. Google Canadian sources and save a ton. Now that our dollar is at par we get screwed on shipping and handling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts