Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed that we have a variety of specialty tools to do various things on our wranglers ranging from re-programming transmission shift points, to recalibrating speedometers, tire pressure sensors, fine tuning CB's etc etc etc.

Seems what you've got is folks saving up until they can afford a $150 too which they use for 30 minutes...then store somewhere (or sell on ebay).

What would yall think of a shared resource?

Say, for example, I bought me one of them tire pressure recalibrathion thangamajiggies. I used it for my 30-minute gig. Then I made it available to yall for like $20. Eventually I recoup my costs...other users save considerable money....everybody wins.

In the Army we called this a "Tool Crib".

Theoretically, we could start a sticky somewhere with a listing of who has what that they are willing to share.

Yeah, I know...just like lending anything else, eventually you get to a goober who either breaks it or fails to return it and vanishes.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Ive noticed that we have a variety of specialty tools to do various things on our wranglers ranging from re-programming transmission shift points, to recalibrating speedometers, tire pressure sensors, fine tuning CB's etc etc etc.

Seems what you've got is folks saving up until they can afford a $150 too which they use for 30 minutes...then store somewhere (or sell on ebay).

What would yall think of a shared resource?

Say, for example, I bought me one of them tire pressure recalibrathion thangamajiggies. I used it for my 30-minute gig. Then I made it available to yall for like $20. Eventually I recoup my costs...other users save considerable money....everybody wins.

In the Army we called this a "Tool Crib".

Theoretically, we could start a sticky somewhere with a listing of who has what that they are willing to share.

Yeah, I know...just like lending anything else, eventually you get to a goober who either breaks it or fails to return it and vanishes.

Any thoughts?
With some things, it would work. With the Procal (the TPMS recalibration thingamajiggy), it's linked to your Jeep's VIN. In order to use it on another Jeep, you've gotta reset all of your Jeep's settings to factory default first.

They got us coming and going. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts

Any thoughts?
I thought about this as a side business, posted something about on a forum and got lots of feedback. I decided it would be more hassle than it's worth after giving it some thought. Liability and what you said were the big issues.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drat!

Foiled Again!

(mustache twist)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: There's only one time that you can "sell/trade" your AEVPM/Superchip/Diablo tuner-etc and thats when you sell your jeep, or

You can go through the "Disconnect" of the A chip, before Dealer visit (ultimately not beneficial)-or-lending it to a "Buddy" to show the benefits !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts