Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there an easy to tell my actual speed (or closer to it than my speedo says) like a quick formula or something. i've got 31's and 3.73's. i know i could get a new speedo gear. but i'm too lazy for that

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Well if you have the stock speedo gear it should be a 36 tooth,(Mine was). I figured mine out by one of those speed signs with the radar gun attached that displays your speed. As far as a formula I don't know it. With 33's my speedo was off about 5 mph if that helps. When I was running 31's it was 1-3 off. Hope it helps some.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Just for future reference, here's how I figured mine out. Drive on the highway that has mile markers every mile. Drive for about 20-30 miles to get a good representation. Compare your trip odometer (which you reset to start) to the actual miles you drove according to the mile markers. the ratio will tell you what percentage you are off by.

·
Registered
2 Posts
is there an easy to tell my actual speed (or closer to it than my speedo says) like a quick formula or something. i've got 31's and 3.73's. i know i could get a new speedo gear. but i'm too lazy for that
A bit of a math nut here and was curious with my own 31" tires since I was passing everyone. I have a spreadsheet with the difference, but the file is too large to attach. If someone could help me I can provide the difference for sizes 28" - 32" based on 27" being the standard.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.