Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a 2001 TJ 2.5 as a deployment present. As I got home. The speedo and rpm never worked. I have switched the speedometer sensor and tried reseting the cluster. Nothing has worked. If anyone has an ideas please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
could be a cold solder joint. you can pull the cluster out, check the motherboard for burnt or black spots where solder is present. Solder heats and cools with power on and off with any device, alot of the time gauges solder joints go "cold" and seperate not providing power thru the circuit. a magnifying glass will help you trace the bad joint- if that is the problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine does an occasional on off thing too. I just hit the top of the cluster and it usually comes back on. When it does go off the airbag light comes on as well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can twist the connectors some and it will make better contact. Some meaning about 2 deg.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i had the same prob with my 97 2.5. it started after a good day out on the trail and did a couple days after on and off. hasnt done it sense. and its been a while

1 - 8 of 8 Posts