Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I just put 305/70r/17 Terra Grapplers on my Wrangler. Took it to the dealer to get the speedometer calibrated to the new tire size and they said that they couldn't adjust to that big of a tire. Really?! Can someone confirm or deny this for me? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Need some help. I just put 305/70r/17 Terra Grapplers on my Wrangler. Took it to the dealer to get the speedometer calibrated to the new tire size and they said that they couldn't adjust to that big of a tire. Really?! Can someone confirm or deny this for me? Thanks!!!
I can't speak for all dealerships but my dealership did upon delivery of the jeep. There should be a shop near you that can help you out. That or just screw it and buy the $140 DIY option. Gd luck!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
they can, but they wont. it is a liability. get a good programmer that reads codes and tunes for gears and tire sizes. I have the hypertech unit that does tire sizes, codes, and gears, but from what I hear it is pretty overpriced. It was in my glovebox of my brand new jeep when I bought it. I didnt ask questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts