Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 wrangler, speedometer not working at all. changed out speed sensor, and cluster, cannot locate problem. any ideas:confused:

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Have you done anything recently in your TCase? You could've replaced the Speedo Gear wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
done nothing at all just replaced the sensor and cluster. THought it might be a crimped wire somewhere somehow.

·
Registered
513 Posts
done nothing at all just replaced the sensor and cluster. THought it might be a crimped wire somewhere somehow.
Was it working prior to new sensor/cluster?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The speedo is a mechanical guage. Like said above, it may be in your T-case or even the cable could be bad.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
never has worked since i have gotten the yj. all out of ideas
I would say then to replace the speedo gear in the TCase and see what that does. It's on the top of the rear case half and is held in by a little bracket with one bold. You can't miss it.

You can get a replacement at the dealership for less than 10 bucks I believe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hate to ask this, but you would not happen to have a diagram of some sort would ya.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
It is not shown on this diagram, but it goes into part 41. If you look around on the Quadratech site a little you may find something helpful.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1993 wrangler, speedometer not working at all. changed out speed sensor, and cluster, cannot locate problem. any ideas:confused:
Are you sure the sensor is mounted in the t-case with the correct orientation? There are three rotational 'positions', each for a different speedo tooth count range.

Also, verify that with the ign on that one of the three wires to the sensor is at +8v or so, and another at ground. The third sig return line bounces back and forth between the two others making pulses for the dash. If the wiring it right, you should be able to manually spin the speedo gear fast and see the dash gage wiggle a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts