Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know I should have double checked the part number.

I have around 3.5" of lift. My OEM boot is torn and yoke is seized. I purchased this spicer shaft for really cheap off ebay.

Am able to use this shaft? What problems am I looking to run into?

Currently trying to cancel the order but it's already left the sellers hands :/

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
It should work. Driveshafts are going to have at least 4-6" of slip, as long as you have 2" of spline engagement at the extended position and arent running the slip yoke into the base of the splined section at the retracted position, it will work.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Lots of people running stock ds with 3.5 lifts. I have 2-4" spicer and it is nice. Very smooth at up to 90mph.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if the seller shipped the TC companion flange that is requires. Spicer #10016921

Pretty much out of stock everywhere online. Any suggestions ?

Lol this has gone from an amazing deal to good deal. Oh well I'm glad there is good things to be said about this shaft :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey!

I got a pic from the seller. It includes the flange, a small ring gear, a ring-nut type thing(same size as gear)
and the 4 bolts.

I honestly can't say I know if that's all I need.

Can't find any diagrams or piece specs online.

Haaaaalp me lol.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

here is what the seller sent me. They assure everything is there to outfit this to the driveshaft I purchased. Flange, bolts,nut, and washer.

Sound about right?? And I'm still in the good deal area of this purchase! lol.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts

here is what the seller sent me. They assure everything is there to outfit this to the driveshaft I purchased. Flange, bolts,nut, and washer.

Sound about right?? And I'm still in the good deal area of this purchase! lol.
The little ring thingy is the washer that goes under the nut. I have not seen a toothed washer before, but I am sure that is what it is for.

Looks like everything to me, you have a picture of the driveshaft? specifically the T case side of the CV?

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
mine had a different washer and I reused the stock oring. I have been running mine for at least 20,000 miles and it has been flawless. I would also use a smear of rvt to prevent any leaks. one nice thing about the spicer shaft is the center ball is a sealed unit so no need to grease. mine also came with a pinch nut and it took some muscle to get torqued.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine had a different washer and I reused the stock oring. I have been running mine for at least 20,000 miles and it has been flawless. I would also use a smear of rvt to prevent any leaks. one nice thing about the spicer shaft is the center ball is a sealed unit so no need to grease. mine also came with a pinch nut and it took some muscle to get torqued.
Where exactly are you smearing the silicone? I need to find a write up/video or two on driveshaft installations. I have never taken mine off or any from the Tcase; only from the pinion. I'm sure I will highly appreciate the constant vibes 45-80mph. I think above 80 and my shaft would fall off LOL:banned:

I kept reading good things here and there about the Spicer shafts while looking at the Adams or Wood shafts. Pretty much couldn't keep myself from it for a great price. BTW anyone looking for this shaft DM me and I will link you the ebay link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts