Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I asked in an earlier post about adding spacers to widen my stance. Right now I'm on factory Sahara 18's with factory 255 tires. I've searched and looked and am not having any luck finding pics with factory setups and spacers added. Does anyone have any they can post up? Surely I'm not the only one who has thought about doing this! Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aggrex, thank you. Do you happen to have any that show the whole jeep?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it! Thanks for sharing!

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts
18" Sahara wheels with Spidertrax 1.5" spacers and 35x12.5x18 tires

17" JL Rubicon wheels, same 1.5" spacers, and 315/70r17 tires

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you don't get different wheels, be sure to get better spacers. from my experience the studs on the spacers are junk and will break off. also look for steel, the aluminum ones tend to heat and shrink a lot which will pop studs. all my hot rod buddies have steel.

i went with aluminum on my wife's mall crawler and had to replace most if not all of the studs. i also had to shorten the factory studs as they ended up sticking out past the spacer and hit the wheel.

once you do install them, be sure to check them after a few days.

·
Super Moderator
23,231 Posts
if you don't get different wheels, be sure to get better spacers. from my experience the studs on the spacers are junk and will break off. also look for steel, the aluminum ones tend to heat and shrink a lot which will pop studs. all my hot rod buddies have steel.

i went with aluminum on my wife's mall crawler and had to replace most if not all of the studs. i also had to shorten the factory studs as they ended up sticking out past the spacer and hit the wheel.

once you do install them, be sure to check them after a few days.
If you get quality spacers like Spidertrax you will not pop studs from heat and shrink. Spidertrax, Bora and Synergy are all quality spacers that have oem quality studs and use 6061T6 anodized aluminum

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Putting them on this weekend. I'll report back with pics. Thanks for all the info guys!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I put Spacers on(1.5) at 1500 miles no problems at 16000 miles . I bought Spidertrax 1.5 spacers and cleaned the studs used red lock tite and 100 lb and check them at 4000 miles as i rotate . When I do check them I set the wrench at 95lb. as to not break the lock lite .

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got them on and they look great! Its how the Jeep should have looked from the factory. Tires are right at, maybe slightly past the fenders. Now I just have to get the pic posting thing figured out so I can show you guys!

·
Super Moderator
23,231 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts