Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the top off, put the spiderweb trail mesh on, loaded up our 1 yr old and thought we were leaving to see the Easter bunny. Unfortunately the trail mesh didn't provide enough wind reduction and our infant was really unhappy. Me too because the jeep went back in the garage within 10 mins.

Does anyone have experience with the spiderweb cargo shade? If so, before I buy will it reduce wind blowing through cabin? Enough that your hair isn't blowing about?

Thanks all - wavey

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
It might not be the wind, it might be the sun. Car seats and Jeep seats for infants tend to place the child leaning back and therefore facing upward. Staring at the sun would no be fun for anyone.

The web reduces the wind and sun noticeably. Rampage used to make a bikini top that could only cover the back seat.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I run a trektop NX for just that reason. My infant is in the middle of my two other boys in boosters and even the stock top in sun rider mode leaves the backseat open to the sky. Good if you have adults back there but no good when it's a baby. Trektop is nice because I can flip back the front section sun rider style but the back is always covered.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Very simply solution I found was this - when folding back the sunrider - instead of pulling the folded fabric to the back, pull it to the front. Sure, it will hang down in the middle over the rear seats but it will provide great sun blocking in the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts