Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues clamping their soft top on w/ the shade? The ballstraps get in the way because they hook in where the clamps do. Did I miss something?

I have to remove those two ballstraps to clamp and fasten the soft top on when putting it up.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
yup, you have to remove the 2 ball straps to latch the softtop

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Yerp.

I just leave those 2 unhooked full time. Been down the highway at 80 and no issues.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yerp.

I just leave those 2 unhooked full time. Been down the highway at 80 and no issues.
Same here with my hard top. Put panels back on last night and left two or three unhooked from the front. I roll the strap/ball still in the grommet up onto the top of the SWS.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks everyone! I was confused because their video said once it's up you don't have to take it down. I considered removing those two pieces a starting point to "taking it down" and just wanted to make sure. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to take them off, but now I just leave mine attached (got lazy). I just have to push them to the side when I go to clamp the soft-top down. Haven't had any issues yet.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I have a great way to attach your SWS if you have grabars and a softop. use two ball bungees in the front middle, use one on either front corner and attach to the vertical mount of the grabar. It makes the SWS tight as a drum with no bunching in the front dorners, and you never have to remove the two mentioned in the OP post because they are not used at all. It's also easier that wrapping the bungee around the roll bar trim in front. (if you do not have grabars disregard)

·
Registered
599 Posts
One of the reasons I prefer the Rugged Ridge shade is because just the front loops are velcro loops instead of bungees. That makes it easier to open/close the soft top.

·
Registered
101 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts