Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting this. Was wondering if anyone has purchased or has any info on it. They are local for me and was gonna stop in at the factory here in Orlando, FL. Main use is gonna be keeping toddler toys and stuff inside with top off... Thanks

www.spiderwebshade.com

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the visibility out and do you have the trail or ultra shade. Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
i think amanda could sell me ocean front property in Arizona! Only problem i have with the video is i never saw the jeep!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Spider webs are great! I guess you're looking at one with the windows? Cause just the top isn't gonna do much for keeping toys in....

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've got the SW1 for a JK 2D. I've used it in 2 configurations, pulled down behind the sound bar like a windjammer and the normal install. Visibilty was not a problem, for me anyway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the full set for my TJ. I have the front and back roof on, bur haven't used the sides yet. I'm in central FL too, and the spiderweb is great in our climate. It provides enough shade to keep the temp down, without feeling like you are closed in.

Visibility is fine, it's like looking through a screen door. I don't really notice it there. If you have ever been in one of the old hondas (crx?) that had the colored glass in the hatch, or an old school rear window for a pickup, that has the painted screen, that's what it's like. You can see fine night or day.

Get the better mesh- it's a night and day difference. The better mesh is much finer weave and very smooth to the touch. The other mesh is rougher and more open.

Stop by the store, and take a look at them. That's what I did, and it made the decision much easier touching and feeling the fabric. Chris is a nice guy and will probably have his jeep there so you can see it in place. I noticed the Jk at the electricians office up the block also had one on while I was there.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I too have one...ths SW1 maybe (whatever the basic one for the TJ is) and I love mine as well. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good to hear there is a positive consensus out there. Thanks for all the input. Yea my big concern was visibility more for the baby. He loves looking out and around when we go for rides. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Got the SW1. Love it, love it, love it. Reduced wind, reduced sun (in summer),easy to install (may take up to 8-10 minutes), Top goes up with it on.

Here are the bad points =

1 - 13 of 13 Posts