Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the cost they both look very similar in design and installation. I'm in the market for one and have kind of narrowed it down to these. Can those of you that have either one let me know their thoughts before I buy?

Thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Last time I checked the spiderweb shade was made in the USA while the alien was made outside the USA.

I have had a spiderwebshade for a number of years and it’s been great. It has faded in the sun a bit, but otherwise has held up well. No holes, tears, or failed stitching. Some of the elastic fasteners stretches out and I replaced them although they were still working fine.

I have a tail gate trash sack from Alien Sun Shade. It too has held up well. I assume the material and quality is similar to their sun shade product.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have the Alien sub shade and I am 100% happy with it. I have had it for about 5 years now and it is still in great condition. It is very well made.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Bungees/HT releases are a PITA with the SWS if you also use a HT. Since my initial adventure with a HT I have refrained from getting the SWS for my replacement HT setup. I wish someone made a retractable version that didn't require attachment to a HT that could be used full-time regardless of top/open air.

·
Super Moderator
4,877 Posts
We have the SpiderWebShade. No issues with it. We leave it on all the time, whether running no top, the soft top, or the hard top.
I am sure either is fine, but I do tend to lean towards made here stuff over not made here stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I just picked up a JTopsUSA mesh top to replace my Spiderweb Shade one. There is absolutely 0 flapping even on the highway with this top. The only downside is while it mostly stays on with the top, you do have to flip it back over the rear half to close the top since it uses the front hooks. I like how there is no gap around the perimeter too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Both do what they were designed to do. I have run both and have Alien right now on my TJ. I need to get a custom made one for my JK.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a JKU and purchased 2 of the AlienShade shades - one for the front and one for the back.

I like that look as opposed to the one piece that goes all the way across the front and back and over the sound bar.

Been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm kind of leaning towards the 2-piece top a bit now. Thinking about the 1-piece flapping in the wind, although some say they don't experience it. Some do. I have time. My wife is going to buy me one for my birthday in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Took a couple of pictures of mine to give you an idea. Raining today so in the garage currently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts