Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the noob question, first car Ive owned I actually care about.
Left a gallon of water on the passenger side floor of my new Rubi and came out this morning to find it tipped over. Pulled the floor mats and soaked up all the water best I could with a couple towels. Should I pull the seat/carpets as well or leave it as is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
If you don't want a mildew smell, you'll have to make sure the carpet is dry...depending on how much is wet you can usually pull it up enough to get air under it, park the jeep in the sun with the door open.

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
Pull the plugs, get the rest with a shop vac, then let it sit in the sun.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Garyk said:
park the jeep in the sun with the door open.
:rofl:
That would be great if I ever got to see that ever eluding bright thing in the far off skies!!!!!
My hardtop leaks like almost everyday like every other hardtop Ive ever heard of. And I get a pool in the passenger side floor all the time between the months of 1 October through July 1st. (sadly not joking too much).
I simply leave the plug out and pull the carpet up so the water goes straight to the plug. Ive had NO rust or foul smells (besides me I think) to this point so I think you should be ok. I recently found a nice form fitted cover on EBay for $50 that is water proff and so far no liquid inside yet since the rain started a few weeks ago. :punk:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Pull, plugs. Throw away plugs.

Okay, maybe that's probably not great advice...but that's what I did with my first jeep since I left the top off six months a year..and it never bother me. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts