Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a bar for driving lights on the JK. I searched every where and I can find write ups on removing the whole bumper, but all I need out is the splash guard. I got the plastics things out but I can't get this thing to slide out in any direction. Is it possible to get this out without removing the whole bumper??

·
Registered
651 Posts
Maybe you can get enough slack if you pop off the grill? That would be quicker than removing the bumper....

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe you can get enough slack if you pop off the grill? That would be quicker than removing the bumper....

That's the answer if any of you ever try it. I popped the grill out and there was enough room to get it out. Thanks.

Jimbo, you ought to know by now that I got an 03 TJ and a 10 JK.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Right, which one are you talking about ?

That's the answer if any of you ever try it. I popped the grill out and there was enough room to get it out. Thanks.

Jimbo, you ought to know by now that I got an 03 TJ and a 10 JK.
If it's the 2010, then when you remove the two plastic screws tilt forward eddge "UP"and the bar will slip out, I take mine out and back with grill/driving lights in place--no problemo-

It'll slip by-

Oh Oh, I just realized, my bumpes changed, but when I had the stocker--I REMOVED the two screws and slipped the bar back under the grill, to tip forward up and out-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:whistling: Right, which one are you talking about ?

If it's the 2010, then when you remove the two plastic screws tilt forward eddge "UP"and the bar will slip out, I take mine out and back with grill/driving lights in place--no problemo-

It'll slip by-

Your bumper sure looks better than our stock one:thumb:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Thanx term, but I can remember taking that horizontal bar out once before I changed the bumpers and I didn't have to take the grill/bumper off to doit_

Your bumper sure looks better than our stock one:thumb:
Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts