Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you folks with an sPOD and a portable GPS, hardwire the GPS to the Control unit!

How did you go about it? I have a Garmin Nuvi w/ the standard cig-liter plug in thingy! I want to hard-wire mine:D

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Heh Heh, can't help ya willee, My laptop/Delorme/google maps gets me GPS data and it's all seperate from the sPOD, but

I don't think anybody on this forum has hardwired any airmaps units like that--but

Some guys have hardwired Garmin-into the nav/radio sys-they'll post --maybe-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Well it isn't all that big of a deal, you would just route the wires back into the interior from the hood-mounted box if you wanted to do it that way.
Honestly though, that seems like a waste if its capability.
A portable GPS is a low amp device that could be integrated easily enough into the line for the cig lighter or entertainment system with no adverse effects to any other on board systems.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well it isn't all that big of a deal, you would just route the wires back into the interior from the hood-mounted box if you wanted to do it that way.
Honestly though, that seems like a waste if its capability.
A portable GPS is a low amp device that could be integrated easily enough into the line for the cig lighter or entertainment system with no adverse effects to any other on board systems.
Agreed, not to mention a portable GPS hardwired into your rig would not only get you a broken/slashed window, but also a mess when they yank/cut the wireing.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok!

Agree, agree, with above comments!

Now, me, personally, I do not want to have wires running to the cig-liter plugs. The location I have picked out will allow me to hide wires and run to my sPOD.

If, theft is a concern, I can easily remove the GPS from its mount & hide, very easy & takes seconds :whistling:

Have found that Garmin has a wire set for just this purpose :thumb:
:popcorn:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts