Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. Just getting all set to install my new SPOD in my 2014 JKU Rubicon automatic. Looks as if it doesn't fit. The instructions say it's for a 2012-2014. Images appear to be what I have, but it won't fit on the silver metal thing in front of the wiper reservoir.

The bracket doesn't seem to have the correct angle to fit the left screw that is supposed to be loosened. Furthermore, the groove on the bracket isn't wide enough to accommodate the screw diameter it's trying to go over.

image-113834714.jpg

image-2021884584.jpg

Another problem is that the instructions say to loosen the top right bolt, but I see nowhere to attach the right side of the bracket. There is no bolt on the silver thing to attach it to.

image-3454227051.jpg

Is this the right bracket? Am I just missing the install instructions and overly complicating things? I know a ton of these have been installed and I haven't heard of this issue. Any thoughts from the community?

image-1891546447.jpg

image-3456930846.jpg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry to hear this. That company has a great reputation and I'm sure they will take care of this quickly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't know there were different mounting brackets. The bolt you show in the picture secures the upper right hand part of the bracket. The other bolt should fit through the left side. I'll try and find some photos of mine installed.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yup. It appears you got the wrong one. Mine is a 2014 and the bracket slot on the engine side does face up. That sucks. Sorry to hear it. I know what it is like to start doing an install and have a wrong part.

·
Registered
851 Posts
We'll, a lady from sPOD called me today. She is shipping me out the right kit Monday and sending me shipping labels to send the wrong stuff back. While it does suck to get into the install and realize you have the wrong parts, the company is making it right quickly.
That's great. They're an "A" class company. Glad it has worked out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts