Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the spod system in my 14 JKURX today. I thought the hardest part would be the wiring/electronics, but crazy enough, the hardest part is just mounting the darn switch box. Does anyone have any tips for getting the switch box to be flush up against the windshield? I tried bending the brackets to make it work, but the slots in the box aren't long enough to allow for much bending, and the little screws they give you are so short that they hardly even grip the unit! I've probably got a 1/2" gap between the unit and windshield right now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Mine mounts flush against the plastic windshield surround, not the windshield. Is that what you are referring to? Not sure why it would be sticking out.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Are you sure your windshield header plastic piece is fully back in place? If one of the little pins is out, that could be your issue?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did you trim the plastic?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
The bracket goes behind the footmans loop. I did the same thing at first and quickly realized my mistake.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a picture. It might be a little difficult to see, but there is a gap between the rear of the spod and the windshield trim. The bracket is behind the frontman loop. Maybe everyone else's is like this and I'm just being OCD.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally figured it out. Stupid mistake. Was mount the SPOD to the underside of the bracket. Didn't realize it went over top of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts