Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The spod seems to have a few more features now, but I LOVE how easy the install and wiring was for my trail rocker. I'd do the trail rocker again.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Well with a dual battery setup or a manual the painless system really does not work. So I have a SPOD since I have both.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Made my own but it's patterned off the S-Tech. Uses the same relay box and I did buy their 6 rocker bare housing to mount to my cage.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What's everyones opinion on which they like better and why?
I'm getting ready to the trail rocker setup right now on my JK.. I just ordered some various switch covers last night for the project.

It seemed like you got "more" with the Painless system and I like that it mounts near the battery.

I haven't held an Spod, so it's unfair to review it. I do know Painless has been doing auto wiring for a LONG time. I also like that the wires are individually labeled.

I have the low mount (down in front of the shifter) and the high-mount kits for the story.. I'm only going to actually use the low mount so if you're looking a the high mount (up near rearview mirror) then let me know.

Here's a write up I found on the Trail Rocker..

Adding Trail Rocker Switch Kit System Without Drilling a Hole

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well with a dual battery setup or a manual the painless system really does not work. So I have a SPOD since I have both.
I can see where a dual batter would get in the way, although I wasn't sure it would delete the space needed for the TR box.

Why would a manual negate the Painless system? I see no mention of automatic only on their site..

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
I can see where a dual batter would get in the way, although I wasn't sure it would delete the space needed for the TR box.

Why would a manual negate the Painless system? I see no mention of automatic only on their site..
Just because of the switch location, not as much room up there as the automatic.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have a trail rocker. If I did it over again, I'd go switch-pros. It's smaller, more modern and more features. The trail rocker works great, it's just big and I had to upgrade to switches to backlit ones and custom rocker covers to say what they operate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts