Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting spring fever in Michigan and one thing I need to do is clean up my wires under the hood. From what I can tell a sPODis the best however I'm not a fan of the location of the switches and would like to mount them on the a-pillar. I have the rugged ridge now. I'm thinking I could just transfer the switches and the wires to that and just make a few more holes to accommodate 2 more switches. I have never seen one in person so does anyone think that could not be done or recommend something that would do the same thing as the sPOD?

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
I've been getting spring fever in Michigan and one thing I need to do is clean up my wires under the hood. From what I can tell a sPODis the best however I'm not a fan of the location of the switches and would like to mount them on the a-pillar. I have the rugged ridge now. I'm thinking I could just transfer the switches and the wires to that and just make a few more holes to accommodate 2 more switches. I have never seen one in person so does anyone think that could not be done or recommend something that would do the same thing as the sPOD?
Check this one out.

This is from thread http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/switch-pros-switch-panel-power-system-review-1269953-4.html
it is thread number 93. It uses the Rugged Ridge A pillar. It's one of the better looking/convenient pieces I have seen yet.

·
Registered
669 Posts
call SPod and ask them. .

they are pretty good folks there..

but if the switches are the same type then they should fit ...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
call SPod and ask them. . they are pretty good folks there.. but if the switches are the same type then they should fit ...
Thanks I was thinking that as well just thought I could save a phone call if it's been done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The sPod is a bunch of Rocker Switches mounted in a steel box that attaches to the plastic piece above the mirror. The switches can be pulled out, and the wiring that goes from the sPod switch panel to the sPod unit under the hood can be modified to work. It has 8 wires in it, 6 for each switch, power, and ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts