Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at installing the sPOD now for future lighting mods. I've seen a few pics of it from the inside of the Wrangler, but does this thing block any visibility from the road or is it minimal?

Also, from the pics I have seen, it looks like it would be hard to move the lever for the Freedom top panels. We have the spiderweb shade on with the hardtop over it now. I'm just trying to figure out if by installing the sPOD I am going to have issues with the spiderwebshade or freedom top lever. If it is not a big of a hassle that is fine. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Here is a link to the product:
JK 6 Switch sPOD 2007 - 2012
(any place to find it cheaper?) thanks!

·
I do my own stunts.
3,009 Posts
I have a SpiderWeb, sPOD, hard top and soft top. I don't know about on the 2012's, but on my 2009, none of your concerns are issues at all.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm looking at installing the sPOD now for future lighting mods. I've seen a few pics of it from the inside of the Wrangler, but does this thing block any visibility from the road or is it minimal?

Also, from the pics I have seen, it looks like it would be hard to move the lever for the Freedom top panels. We have the spiderweb shade on with the hardtop over it now. I'm just trying to figure out if by installing the sPOD I am going to have issues with the spiderwebshade or freedom top lever. If it is not a big of a hassle that is fine. Thanks in advance for any advice.

i have the freedom panel on my jk 2 and sPOD I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH TOP LEVER AT ALL.LITTLE BIT TO TIGHT BUT ITS OK.DONT HAVE SPIDERWEB CANT SAID NOTHING ABOUT

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
no clearance problems. Its designed to be out of the way. I can see why you would think it might be close, but you wont have a problem

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's MUCH less intrusive than what you're thinking. I had the same concerns and after installing it laugh at how worried I was about it. After the first day, I totally forgot it was up there.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Had the same concerns as you, have been lucky enough to see a few of them installed. No issues or concerns like the ones you bring up, plenty of room for everything.

It is actually quite a sweet set up and works real well. Don't have one yet myself still have other mods higher on the list.

·
Registered
23 Posts
RubiNewb,
We've designed the sPOD switch bezel to expose the footman loop so as to keep it fully functional for items such as the Freedom tops latch, SpiderWebShade, Bikini tops etc.
As far as finding a better price, check with our retailers/vendors that are on this forum, they usually have deals going on!

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sPOD-guy said:
RubiNewb,
We've designed the sPOD switch bezel to expose the footman loop so as to keep it fully functional for items such as the Freedom tops latch, SpiderWebShade, Bikini tops etc.
As far as finding a better price, check with our retailers/vendors that are on this forum, they usually have deals going on!

Thanks
Thanks for the pics! This eliminates my concerns. Now just have to find a deal and order.

·
Registered
187 Posts
RubiNewb,

Thanks

I'm running my spod with a hard tops and no problems so far, I'm about to switch up to the soft top for the season and am wondering if the switch panel's wiring as water resistant or sealed just in case there's a small leak

·
Fear The Post Count
312 Posts
Along the same lines, does the "source" need to breathe, or can the holes where the wires come up into it be siliconed closed?

·
Registered
874 Posts
My front freedom panel latch is a lot tighter to close with my sPOD than it was before

but it may be I need to see if I can adjust the footmans loop down some or something
Did you mount the footman's loop on top of the sPOD mount bracket? The sPOD bracket should set on top of the footman's loop instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts