Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to flip the switch on my Spod while driving down the highway and all the switches went out. I looked at the fuses and checked for shorts but all fine. When I pulled the main 2A fuse all came back on, but obviously thats not a long term fix. Battery fine at 13.5.
I can't figure this one out but it is probably something obvious. Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Did the switches still function and just the illumination go out? What does the 2A fuse protect? I'm guessing it is just for the switch illumination. Where is the 2A fuse located, is it possible that when you changed it you also bumped or moved the ground? If no fuses are bad, start checking the grounds.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2A is for the main, all the switches are dead with it in. all the obvious grounds are OK. will double check.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The 2A is for the main, all the switches are dead with it in. all the obvious grounds are OK. will double check.
You said that they came back on when you removed the 2A fuse in your first post? Am I reading that correctly or do you mean that when you removed the fuse and reinstalled it they started to work? Did you try a different 2A fuse? I have seen them pop in a location that makes them appear to be good. There could be a component on the PCB that is faulty or it could be a cold or cracked solder joint.

Like Andrew said, contacting Spod is probably your best bet. They can tell you test points.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Like Andrew said, contacting Spod is probably your best bet. They can tell you test points.
The sPod guys are great, would be surprised if it takes more than a few short minutes to find and correct the problem. Good luck, Lee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts