Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my OTRATTW replacement switch (not just actuator (aka-rocker). My sPOD is dual lit LEDs, so is the OTRATTW replacement switch (wanted blue LEDs for one switch.)

My problem is that the sPOD Carling switch had 4 pins/tabs (8,2,3,6) and the OTRATTW Carling has 5 (8,2,3,7,6).

Has anyone done this swap before and have the proper way to wire?
I do know it is not a "just skip the 7 pin/tab", but not sure exactly.

TIA!!!

If it helps, sPOD is V1B1JDDB and OTRATTW is V1D1JxxB.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
It depends on how you want it to operate. I say this with the assumption that the 2,3,6,8 switch has 2 led's one always on and the other turns on when the switch is flipped.
Pin 2 would be positive, pin 3 goes to the relay. Pin 6 is the positive for the always on light and pin 8 is the ground.
Your new switch 7 should be a separate ground for the lower led.
If you want the lower always on you would connect pin 7 to ground. (or jumper to pin 8)

To be safe, please test with a 12v power source. Connect negative to pin 8 on your old switch and positive to pin 6. You should see a light. Connect positive to pin 3 and negative to pin 8. You should see a different light.
On the new switch, Connect positive to pin 3 and negative to pin 8. You should see the top light. Connect positive to pin 6 and negative to pin 7 and you should see the bottom led.

If all the tests are true then my answer is correct.

Reactions: CTarna
1 - 3 of 3 Posts