Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
just got mine installed today..

i really like them..

I got the one with the air pressure gauge which i thought was pretty cool until i found out that the gauge does not have a light in it..

Really kind of stupid and going cheap on a setup that we were willing to pay top dollar..

the SPod is built very well and is an easy install.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great...Here is a shot of mine with custom Switches...

Red with red back light...I drive a lot at nights and wanted to be able to preserve night vision, blue kills your night sight...or white light.

The night shot is a bit blurry my phone was having issue with auto focus...

·
Registered
589 Posts
They get a lot of comments from riders and people who stick their head in too look around...
I like the ease in setting up under the hood and the factory looks of the entire system...
It eliminates this...

I have since cleaned it up a bit...but I think im getting an SPOD or similar set up for the TA also...

·
Registered
738 Posts
SPod is something I've been wanting to add. However I have installed those Grab bars..and if you've ever done this you understand that as you're tightening up the 2 bolts for those that those bolts may never come out plus what pita they are to get threaded in.

So honestly in scared to remove the drive side Grab Bar I order to remove the trim piece to snake the switch wires down through...lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ok grab handles should not be too bad....just have to start them kinda at same time then draw them up together I have no issues removing and reinstalling them in about ten minutes

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm about to install my sPod, but have a question...

If I have a 50" Windshield light bar that holds (4) 27W LED lights, what is the recommended approach to wiring these to a single switch on the sPod head unit? Series or Parallel?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm about to install my sPod, but have a question...

If I have a 50" Windshield light bar that holds (4) 27W LED lights, what is the recommended approach to wiring these to a single switch on the sPod head unit? Series or Parallel?

Thanks in advance...
I assume you wamt the whole fiddy to light up at the same time so parallel would be the way to go. All 12v pos together and all negs together

·
Registered
432 Posts
As far as amp draw. watts / volts = amp. In your case 108w roughly 10A, well below the rated 30 of the mosfet protection on sPOD. I run my Viair compressor off one spod output

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just installed spod. Love it. So easy to install great product.
I see the sun shade but are you hard top or soft top? I want this panel but I leave my alien shade on under my hardtop and am wondering if it will still fit and work with the hardtop on and my shade under the top. Will it interfere with the middle footman loop?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts