Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It does not engage shifting, It starts and drives with 1st shift. I already replaced the slave cylinder, tried to bleed it even with a suction pump bleeder and still spongy. 馃槖

I haven鈥檛 change the master because it looks pumping well.

I dont know if could be something internal 馃槙

馃徎

Registered
Not quite clear on the symptoms. Are you saying it's fine once you start driving or it doesn't shift at all? Does it make a difference if you pump the clutch?

Registered
The clutch hydraulic circuit is pretty straight forward. If it was spongy and had air in the line prior to replacing the slave cylinder, and replacing the slave didn't solve the problem, then the master is probably bad or air is getting in through a hose connection. It's possible the master appears to pump well when under no load but when actuating the clutch fork it fails.

Also, when bleeding the slave you've got to make sure you follow the procedure correctly or you'll end up with air remaining in the line.

Registered
One other thing - when replacing the slave cylinder, there's an o-ring on the connection between the slave and the hydraulic line. I can't remember if you get a new o-ring with a new slave, but I think it's part of the line. Sometimes that o-ring can come out during the change, and if it's not put back or it's old and damaged, you won't get a good seal again and it will leak/allow air ingress.

I'd look at that connection and check for leaks and then watch it while someone presses and releases the clutch pedal. Wear eye protection while they're doing that 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I got it fixed, there was not the slave or master cylinder, I got a clutch kit and it works now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts