Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all first off i want to say i have been researching this for some time and am coming to this at the last resort so if you post to research it i will just ignore you. I currently have a fully rebuilt Jeep Wrangler TJ 2000 SE It still has the 2.5L standard in it. For about two months now my oil pressure gauge has been acting sporadic. It will read 0 pressure when idling and about 30 when running at 55mph. I run full synthetic oil and its only about 3/4 the way through its cycle (4000 miles). I have also replaced the sending unit with no change. The one thing i am wondering is if the screen on the bottom of the oil pump could be plugged. I am thinking this might be the problem because occasionally i will be able to start it up and it will run fine for 200-300 yards then start acting up. I have had over a dozen people look at it and there is no apparent smells, sounds, or visual indications that there could be a problem. Has anyone else experience this and what fixed it?

Also recently my fan for the HVAC stopped working. I have had problems with this in the past and have replaced a number of parts in the past. The list of parts I've replaced include: the fan switch, the coil that's located in the passenger side foot well, and all of the fuses are good. I have already checked all of the fuses and relays and they are all good. The HVAC controller (set of switches on the dash) are lit up and both of the others are working fine. In my job i always like to back track to see what happened prior to the change. Right before it stopped working it was working perfectly fine and me and a friend drove to a local ski center. We snowboarded for about six hours and when we got into the car to leave the fan wasn't working. Any intelligent suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts