Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on rigid industries website looking for a 50'' for the windshield, and a pair of 2'' cubes for the bottom corners. First, what series should I go with, and should I go with fog or spot? It is mostly for beach driving at night.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I just bought a new series 50" Rigid Radiance LED bar with 16,389 Lumens ($403 at Quadratec with discount from Rick), 20"Rigid Radiance LED bar Blue back light with 5,463 Lumens ($193) and D-Series Midnight cubes with 1,568 Lumens ($170 Blacked out). Haven't wired them in yet but they look great (waiting on the new Rigid Windshield mounting bracket to be back in stock this week), here is the link for their newest Radiance LED bars.
Radiance by Rigid Industries L.E.D. Lighting |

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
If you are going to race at night, spot beam is great for picking out obstacles at distance to avoid.

If you are going drive at normal off road speeds at night and don't want to incur damage to your rig, a wider beam is better.

I went with Rigid Dually lights in both 'driving pattern' A-post light mounting and in the fog light mountings and I am very pleased.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I just bought a new series 50" Rigid Radiance LED bar with 16,389 Lumens ($403 at Quadratec with discount from Rick), 20"Rigid Radiance LED bar Blue back light with 5,463 Lumens ($193) and D-Series Midnight cubes with 1,568 Lumens ($170 Blacked out). Haven't wired them in yet but they look great (waiting on the new Rigid Windshield mounting bracket to be back in stock this week), here is the link for their newest Radiance LED bars.
Radiance by Rigid Industries L.E.D. Lighting |
Looking forward to seeing your set up installed and lit up. I'm a Rigid junkie too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Unless you're doing high speed racing, flood is better.

I have a Rigid SR 20" combo. Flood/spot. Then I have a pair of D2 Diffused. They're even wider than floods. They cast a massively wide wash of light. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Remember when driving on the beach at night a light bar will light up a lot of fog/mist that you would normally would not see or notice, even on a what seems like a crystal clear night. I only have a 20 inch rigid and its a bit of a problem - a 50" would only exacerbate the problem. I would consider getting some of your lights with yellow lenses. FWIW you are going to have so much light I would prefer a flood especially since most beaches have 15-20mph speed limit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you are going to race at night, spot beam is great for picking out obstacles at distance to avoid. If you are going drive at normal off road speeds at night and don't want to incur damage to your rig, a wider beam is better. I went with Rigid Dually lights in both 'driving pattern' A-post light mounting and in the fog light mountings and I am very pleased.
Do you find that a lot of the light is lost or reflected back at you using the driving pattern on the A pillar? I was originally thinking of mounting driving patterns on the A-pillar as well but have since read the spot pattern is preferred for that location.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think most 50" bars are combo, didn't think you had a choice. For pillar lights, I would go flood, and point them outwards. Those pillars won't make a slash in the massive pond of light the 50" will throw unless they are aimed a different direction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts