Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to install some LED cubes on my JK's A-pillar for trail rides at night, but not sure if I should go with spots or floods. Which beam pattern provides the most usable light?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
In general, spots high and floods low. Depends what you want to illuminate. Spots are narrow and throw a beam far. Floods are a wide beam and will light up the sides more.

In a twisty forest road, going slow floods might be better, even if mounted high.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments. What I'd really like is the best of both worlds, which is why I am having a hard time deciding. Does anyone make a light that's in between a spot and a flood?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Flood will give you a wide spread of light but not too much distance compared to the Spot. One big complaint from many people is the glare flood will produce on your hood.

We would go with a set of Spot lights on the A pillar and a set of Flood lights on the bumper. When aimed right, that is plenty of light for the trail, especially when riding with a group.

Check out our A pillar kit which includes everything you need to install. Revolver
CUBE series

And on the bumper a set of CUBE or 6CUBE lights will be great.

And starting tomorrow we should be having a pretty big 4th of July sale so now is a great time to buy.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
seems the 20% off is not working on all your items, tried to add an A pillar bracket and it won't discount it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts