Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna hear the pros and cons from everyone about spray in liner to replace carpet...

·
Registered
145 Posts
A good friend of mine did it, it looks amazing, and is easy to clean. As soon as i have a weekend where i know i'm not going to use my jeep, i'm going to rip out my carpet and put the liner in. He used Herculiner, i think its about 60-80 bucks, and one thing of it is enough to do the tub of the jeep. He simply rolled it on, and honestly, it looks amazing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just did it last week use a paint roller for as much of it as you can it helps it go on nice and even and do a couple coats of it. If you take your time when putting it on the end result is great.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would just pay someone to do it. I found a place here in town that will do it for 450.00. They mask it and everything else. All i would have to do is pull the interier out. This is worth the time and headache to me.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
You will get better results with the professional spray in. I know it is more expensive, but it is worth it. The do it yourself ones tend to chip very easily. I have talked to several in our club that have done it, and they all wish they had had it done professionally. I am not trying to take anything away from the ones that have done their own liners, but they will not hold up as well. I will have to admit that either way is better than nothing at all. It does help keep the heat level down, and makes clean up a lot easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nick,

Can you post a photo of your liner job? What product did you use? BTW, you should take pride in the fact you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
The do-it-yourselfers I know have had good results, however they all preach : Prep Work is most important to produce good results

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks dark water i like to save money whenever i can and that usually means doing things myself. Its ok working on my heep is fun [but sometimes frustrating]. I used durabak in comes in a few different colors but i just used black. It helps if you sand the area with some high grit sandpaper before you put it on. I used like 250 i think.....Then wash it all out and roll on the liner. With the durabak and probably most other liners it came ready to go. All i had to do was open the lid and roll it on. Dont have to add or mix anything with it. Ill get pics asap

·
Registered
189 Posts
the pics look great I will be doing the durabak this weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts